Private lesson info
My teaching method is a blend of Suzuki & traditional pedagogy. For younger beginners, I will focus more on the Suzuki method while incorporating reading of notation. Students that are a bit older, perhaps already playing in school, I will create the right curriculum to develop their skills for the demands of their grade & to improve their personal level.
It is best to begin lessons well before a student enters the school orchestra program. If not then, as soon as possible & well before middle school preferably.
MY HOME STUDIO
Fogelsville/ Orefield area
Tuesdays & Thursdays
(address provided after contacting)
Time & Tuition
$30/half hour—younger students
$45/45 min—Middle school or beyond Bk 2
$60/hour—High school or students beyond Bk 4
- Lesson fees are paid monthly at the beginning of the month for the upcoming month.
- There are no refunds for missed lessons.
- I will allow 2 makeups per semester with 24 hour notice without fee. Student must work into my open availability.
- After 2 makeups in a semester, there will be a $20 charge per makeup.
- There are NO MAKEUPS/REFUNDS for LATE CANCELS/NO CALLS/NO SHOWS
- 30 days notice is required to end lessons.
- There are no lessons for major holidays (Thanksgiving, Xmas, etc)—I will post holiday schedules.
- I do not take off every Monday holiday—only the bigger ones & students will be notified.
School year—September to May
Each fall, I will create a schedule for the year & I consider students schedule requests. Each student will be given an agreed upon time for the year. After that, any request for permanent change of schedule time will accrue a $40 fee.
I will create a summer schedule each year that allows for vacations & time off. Students need to let me know as soon as possible the dates they will be out of town so that I may schedule accordingly. My attendance policy is more flexible in the summer, however, tuition is still paid at the beginning of each month & there are
NO REFUNDS FOR LATE CANCELS/NO CALLS/NO SHOWS.
*All students are required to take summer lessons.